The IP Address 192.168.l.l/ 192.168.1.1 is the very default for all the modems and ADSL modems and WiFi Routers and basic Routers. The default IP address which is very commonly known as host address is used to access the router and modem configurations. These IP’s can also be used as default IP’s by manufacturers 10.0.0.1
How do you log into the IP 192.168.1.1?
The main way to login to the IP address is typing it manually into your browser. You can just type https://192.168.1.1
to your browser and you will easily reach the IP address.
Most people have no problem reaching the interface. Most users will tell you that the major problem arises when it prompts you to enter your password. While some have no idea what their password is, others simply put the wrong one without intending to.How to USE this 192.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1
How to USE this 192.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1
Simply type http://192.168.1.1
into your browser’s address bar which can be seen at top and press enter. If 192.168.1.1 is not default IP of your modem or router please check the manual to find the same and put that IP. Now the web page will be loaded and you will see a login form with user name and password fields. If you are accessing for the first time then you can simply put the default username and password mentioned in your router or modem manual.
Router IP Lookup
To lookup the router IP from your PC follow these instructions:
Unix and Linux
- Follow this route
- Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Now in the command prompt window enter following commands one by one
ipconfig | findstr/i "Gateway"
- You will see something like this:
- C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>
ipconfig | findstr/i "Gateway" Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.l.l
- Thus here your default IP is 192.168.1.1 though it looks like 192.168.l.l
- Open the termina. You can simply find it on the desktop or by searching it in the search bar.
- Click Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
- When terminal opens, type in following commands
ip course | grep default
- These command will give you result like this
temo$ ip course | grep default
default by means of 192.168.l.l dev eth0 proto static
- Thus again you can see the system gives the default IP address of router 192.168.l.l
- Go to terminal and open it follow this route
- Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app
- Once the terminal is open input this commands
netstat - nr | grep default
- This would give you the following result
tmeo$ netstat - nr | grep default default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
- This shows the default IP address of router is 192.168.l.l
What you can do if you forgot router’s username and password
- If you have not changed username and password
- The router has by default username and password provided by the manufacturer.
- If you have not altered the default username and password you can find them in above list.
- If you can find uer manual of the router you can find default username and password inside it too.
- You can try to find the details on router sticker where serial number and other details are printed.
- If you have changed username and password of a router and forgot
- Finding router reset button
- You will now need to reset the router settings to factory settings.
- Find the small hole around the modem or router with label “RESET”.
- To flash the factory settings you will need to press and hold the button in side hole for minimum 10 seconds.
- You can use something pointy like pen or toothpick.
- Now once the router is restarted you will need to enter the IP 192.168.1.1 and not 192.168.l.l
- and follow the default login username and password procedure.
- Restoring to factory setting will wiped out all the configuration from router or modem so your Internet connection will need to be setup again.
- Keep your ISP provided settings handy to get connected to Internet again. Experienced people can do this so try only if you have experience.
How to repair common routers and modem problems yourself
Here we will take an example of Linksys routers. All mojor routers of Linksys can be repaired and solved easily.
- Restart the router and keep it ON
- See if you can manage to get connected to the router and then Internet.
- Check out for LED indicator on router representing internet connection.
- Check if it is blinking.
- Check if your modem is connected to the router.
- Check if you can access router configuration setting panel by typing 192.168.1.1 and not 192.168.l.l in the address bar.
While checking these things many times users get confused when they have multiple WiFi
connections and to be sure that you are connected to the exact router
you are testing simple on and off the router and see which signal goes off and comes again.